Friday, December 11, 2009

What are we reading/watching; what should we be reading watching?


From Robin:

In preparation for the trip I've read

Are we not there yet? Travels in Nepal, North India, and Bhutan by Chuck Rosenthal

and The Velvet Shyness of their Eyes

and have downloaded my friend L's friends book Thin Places: A Pilgrimage Home

And the kids and I have watched, kicking and screaming in protest:

City of Joy

Children of Heaven (or this )

and Gandhi this week-end

and maybe Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Any other suggestions? Watchable movies that show Nepal scenery, third-world issues, history, and et cetera? Great books that can help the kids and I start to approach this all?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you'd like to drag out the book you receommended to a group of us about 100 years ago, LOL, Material World. My kids are almost fully grown and I still can't part with my copy.

    ReplyDelete